Friday, June 4, 2010

My New Doll!

My New Doll!!

I really do like most of the mod era dolls. I have a few of the AA dolls: Francie, Julia, Live action Christie, and Brad. Now I am adding what I guess you would call a repro to the list. Pop Life Christie.

So, can you call it a repro if they never did this face mold in an AA doll before? I don't know. I saw this doll in the catalog when she was first released. I knew I didn't have this face but I was not sure that I was going to by her. Sometime it is hard to get a really good look at the face from a book or the web. I have not seen her in any store. I saw a layout done in Haute Doll of her. Wow! I knew I had to have her. Luckily a doll became available on eBay. I bought her nude. I didn't need the outfit and just one chair, so nude was good for me.

Her lips are that neutral pink color of many of the AA dolls of that era. They didn't do many red lips on black dolls then. Her eye shadow is pink to but not as neutral as the dolls of the era. It is more dramatic and she has long eyelashes that are curled closer to the lid that dolls of the era. She has separated out stretched fingers a nice manicure. She has articulated wrists. Her body is taller and slim like Model Muse with pivotal body segments like Fashionista or like an Alvin Ailey Barbie without the extremely arched feet. What does this mean clothing wise.... many possibilities but I think, no gloves!


Here she is!



Deena as a new model signed to the Devereux agency, will need a portfolio Dominique (Julia), Francie (Francie) and Christie have pulled some clothes for her photo shoot.

See the shoot!

3 comments:

D7ana said...

Congrats, Ms. Leo! I'll have to get one, too.

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

She's beautiful. I purchased her at retail because I am a mod-era enthusiast and just had to have her. Call her a repro? I guess the term "inspired by" is better for a doll of her type. I love mine! Hope you didn't have to pay too much on eBay for her because PLC was recently reduced to $35 with an additional 20% off at Barbiecollector.com. I think I blogged about the sale.

dbg

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks D7ana. I really like her! I look and play with her every day. You should get one!

Thanks Black Doll Enthusiast. I didn't pay a lot for her but now I might get another to have in the box or swap bodies with.