Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Toys R Us In My Area Is Closing!

Toys R Us In
Cedarbrook PA Is Closing!
It is kinda sad. So many stores in the area are closing. In the
last two years I have lost some of my greatest sources of doll
stuff but the Toy R Us is the deepest wound. I could always
stop by on my way to the market or the WalMart
(which really didn't carry many dolls lately). Now the closest
place is the Target ( who carries way more toys that the
WalMart). Now I will have to hit the road for the nearest
Toys R Us. This makes my hunt for 002 #17 difficult.
I did buy a few things that were market down 10% and some
at 60%.

I got these there. I think they are for Rudolph the red nose
reindeer. (60%)



I plan to use the figures next year as tree ornaments
and use the instrument for my own doll High School
Musical.



I also got theses Schools out sets. I really like these
drums. These were marked down 30% but they realized
someone made a mistake but they gave it to
me at that price.




I also got two of the windows. I saw them used in a
really nice diorama and it gave me some ideas.
The mark downs should be deeper as time goes on.

6 comments:

TM said...

I have that Liv doll drumset! I haven't opened it yet but it looks very promising! Have you opened it yet? I'm saving it for one of my Miniature Mondays! Now If I can only find a keyboard to scale with my dolls they can have a cool band!

D7ana said...

Oh no! Not that one! That's the closest and easiest for me to get to ... one bus and I am there.

Serious mourning time ;-(

Ms. Leo said...

D7ana, I know…. I am really bummed. I will probably find myself going all the way to Willow Grove!

TM I have opened it and it is great!!! The proportion are great for a 1/6 scale. I put LL (SIS Darren) at the drums and it looked good. It was definitely worth the $9.00 I paid for it. I have a old Barbie drum set in that pink with yellow cymbals. Ugg! I have and old Barbie keyboard, several guitars and a few other instruments I've been saving up. Maybe it could be a jazz band of piano, bass and drums with players wearing sunglasses. The possibilities are endless.

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

It's always painful to lose a favorite doll source.

:(

I hope you're able to find Models 002 and 17 soon.

dbg

Ms. Leo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms. Leo said...

It is hard to find stores that are "Toy Stores" to buy toys from. Is the toy store on it's way out? Is Toys R Us the only toy store in the country?