Sunday, August 4, 2013

Obi Wan Kenobi -1

Hey Gang!

My next Star Wars character is none other that Obi Wan Kenobi!  We met him
in the very first Star Wars movie!  Who can forget that!

Here is the action figure. The force is strong with this one!

1996 Hasbro Star Wars Collector Series Obi-Wan Kenobi Fully Poseable 12" Action Figure

So here he is!  Full Jedi gear! 

 Obi Wan: You want to ask question about me!
Ms. Leo: Oh no, here come the Jedi mind tricks!
Here is a close-up on his face.  He has a slightly
dark tanned complexion with an intense look.
 His cape has a gaberdine feel and not the jersey feel of Mace Windu's robe.
 Cape from the back!
His Jedi robe/uniform  is longer than any of the other Jedi action figures which are
just below the knee.
The great thing about this guy is at he has a real long sleeve shirt and long pants
under his Jedi robe.  He has full length pants also. Both of these make his uniform
different from most Star War action figures.  He wears black and not brown
boots with his robe.
 His shirt opens in the back.
He has a slightly different body than the Mace Windu action figure.
 He doesn't have the articulation in the arms of the Mace figure. He doesn't
 have articulated arms or biceps,  Also, he doesn't have the swivel waist that
Mace has.His waist is one piece.I like that better.  His body is more like the
older GI Joe Heavy Duty body.

Warning Nude Doll

Here he is redress as his role in Johnston.  He us Dr. Benjamin Kenobi, President
of Johnston University.  Doesn't he look like he takes education seriously!
I have three more Star Wars post to go!

OK, Thanks For Looking!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I like your Obi Wan Kenobi. I had not seen before. Keep in touch

D7ana said...

Aw, he has on molded underwear in flesh color, lol. So he isn't really nude ;-D

Thanks for sharing this cute, older male.

Brini said...

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!! How can you not love Star Wars. I can't wait to see the rest!!

Muff said...

In his civilian clothes he looks like a very nice professor type grandpa.

MajorMistakes said...

His clothes are pretty neat. I;m not that great fan of SW, but the doll is pretty nice. Also, he look so ordinary in normal clothes :)

limbe dolls said...

I bought Obi Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, and Han Solo in the 70s when the first movie came out. This looks like a newer Obi Wan Kenobi with a slightly different outfit. The originals were made by Kenner. Who made this one?

Vanessa said...

I was thinking he would make a great professor, too.

Carrickters said...

He does look like a professor type in his suit. His face is a good likeness to the original character which is great, pity he isn't quite as articulated as Mace Windu.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments Marta, D7ana Brini, Muff, MajorMistakes, limbe dolls, Vanessa and Carrickters!

Marta and limbe dolls, this action figure is by Hasbro 1998/1999. I didn't get him when he came out. I got him a few years later. Hasbro purchased Kenner in about 1991. I think that may be why they look different.

D7ana, I glad you said it so that I didn't!

Brini, I hope to show the rest soon!

Muff, Vanessa and Carrickters, I think he has a wise old look to him. He could be a great grandpa too!

MajorMistakes, I does look normal out of the uniform. Some action figures don't. They keep a super hero look to them. He looks like someone you might have seen somewhere.